New Hope Church in Platteville, WI was founded nearly 73 years ago. On November 21st, 1948, Rev. Peter Brayko held the first service of New Hope Church in the Council Room of the Platteville Municipal Building. Just 15 people were in attendance. The church only grew from there. Peter and Lois’ vision for this church was for the New Hope community to be filled with Jesus’ love, healing and joy and to reach others with Jesus’ love. Peter pastored New Hope Church for 22 years, and he and his wife continued to attend and be a vital part of New Hope’s community after he resigned and until Jesus took them home. Peter and Lois were an important part and amazing support throughout the construction of our current church building, and they were absolutely delighted to see that vision fulfilled by God! Cherie was recently reminiscing that many from the church have fond memories of Peter delivering his homemade cinnamon rolls to their home on a Saturday morning! Peter passed away in 2016, and Lois passed away in April of this year.